Wednesday, February 4, 2009

R.I.P. Wesley

WESLEY

I am a bit emotional today. This morning I discovered one of our fish - Wesley (a six-lined wrasse - Pseudocheilinus hexataenia) dead on our buffet...and I cried...a lot.


This is what Wesley looked like....(pic from Reefs.org Members Aquariums)

Of course I called Mister blubbering about Wesley. We realized that she must have jumped out last night when Mister opened the lid to the tank to check on some things (which makes both of us feel awful, if only we had noticed...). Some might think I am over reacting but these fishies are the only pets that Mister and I have and we love them. I know this sounds crazy but our fish seem to have personalities. It makes them more lovable and oh how I loved Wesley.

Tonight, Mister and I are going to have a little ceremony and bury her in the backyard (I have never been much of a fish flusher - it just doesn't seem right to me). RIP Wesley!!!!

4 comments:

Mo Pho said...

I'm so sorry to hear this :( My thoughts are with you guys, losing a pet is so hard!

Alana said...

Thank you! I was actually a little shocked at how emotional I got but size of pet and quantity of love arent mutually exclusive. : ).

The Dirty Business Bath Co. said...

I'm sorry. I heart my pets too.

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

Heartiest condolences to you.Losing a pet is really devastating.It has been 13 years since I put my dog down and I still miss him to bits.And you are right!Size of pet and quantity of love is not mutually exclusive.