Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Update


>

green sand beach in Hawaii

Wow, it has been a while since I’ve blogged. A lot has happened both personally and businesswise in the last few months, so I figure I should give everyone a little update. Since my last major post in July, I’ve signed a few new wholesale accounts (more about those later), gotten a great blog mention (here is the link in case you missed it), debuted a new product, been on a mad soaping mission, went on an amazing trip to Hawaii and got myself engaged.

the beach where we got engaged

I am excited about all the changes in my life and a little nervous too (not about the marriage part, I swear). I get nervous that things are moving too fast, or not fast enough, that I’m not doing enough, that I I need to delegate more, etc. A friend of mine put things into perspective for me the other day when he mentioned how proud and amazed he is at how far I’ve come. It really made me think.

contemplative moment in Kona

I rarely take time to reflect on how much I’ve accomplished, I’m almost always focused on what needs to be done or what I haven’t done yet. I am not saying that I should be constantly looking back but I think it would help put things in perspective if I did a little check in once in a while. I think one of the best ways to accomplish this is to get back on track with my blog. It will give me the opportunity to see how far I’ve come. Please help me keep up with my new vow, I need your support!

one of the feral horses in the waipio valley

5 comments:

nerd JERK said...

I haven't known you from the very beginning, Alana, but I know from the time I met you that you were really special. Any time I mention "Etta + Billie" to a friend, I get a smile. That's got to say a lot.

As far as feeling like you haven't done enough or are doing too much goes, I know that you've been doing a ton. The growth of your business is ridiculously awesome and I can't wait to see what new adventures await you this coming year. :)

Go into it knowing that you're going to do even better than this year - which is really saying something.

Alana said...

Stephanie -
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support! I am honestly feeling a little teary eyed right now.

When I actually reflect on the past I do start to realize how far I've come. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a great Turkey Day!! :)

Alana

Sarah Rosenberg said...

You are amazing Alana - you have come SO far...I couldn't be prouder of you!

I am so lucky and grateful to have you as my friend.

Sarah Rosenberg said...

You are amazing Alana - you have come SO far...I couldn't be prouder of you!

I am so lucky and grateful to have you as my friend.

Alana said...

Sare, thank you so much for you kind words and the support you've shown me over the past 10 years!! You are a great friend and I am so blessed to have you in my life.