Thursday, March 4, 2010

Aloo Palak


We have been inundated with spinach from our CSA for the last few weeks so I have been trying to find new recipes so we dont get bored. Of course, as always, I turned to Tastespotting and found this amazing Indian Dish, Aloo Palak (spinach and potato version), at Honey, What's Cooking. The recipe seemed simple and sounded delish - perfect for a weeknight meal.

You can find the recipe and instructions here.

The only changes we made were using a Pasilla chili instead of spicy green chilies, using 4 yukon gold type potatoes with skin on (there are lots of nutrients in the skins), using about 16 oz of spinach and doubling the amount of Turmeric (it has anti-inflammatory properties and my knees have been bothering me - yes, I'm old). It turned out pretty good. I think I would just add some hot chilies for some heat.

No comments: