Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Business Time: Accounting Class

Image courtesy of my alma mater

Last weeks class at the SBA really encouraged me to start taking charge and educating myself in the areas of business where I am totally clueless...like Accounting. After doing a bit of research about online courses and city college courses I decided that the SBA's classes would work the best for me. So, this week I finally committed to the three part series of Accounting Classes at the SBA, and they start tomorrow! For the next three Thursdays from 1-4pm I will be taking copious notes and attempting to ask extremely sensible questions at the SBA's downtown office. Wish me luck!

What accounting questions would you ask?

2 comments:

magpie said...

Yay! I'm glad you found a class; this sounds perfect! I think one of the best things you could find out about would be knowing your statements - balance sheet, profit & loss and statement of cash flows. I think if you understand how these work, you would have the fundamentals down. Also, maybe tax questions? Do you have a schedule c?

Alana said...

I think the financial statements will be covered in our next class. If not, you know I will be calling you to explain everything. ;)