Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Business Time

image from StartUp

Monday I took a day off from the day job to take a business class at the Small Business Administration office of San Francisco. The class was produced by SCORE (small business mentoring and training). It was great to be in a room full of entrepreneurs, there was so much energy and enthusiasm. I took How to Start and Manage a Small Business which covered writing business plans, accounting (umm this is what I need the most help with), legal structure, marketing and small business loans. Each topic was presented by a different current or past business ownerI got some great info from the class and was glad that I went. One thing I definitely know I need to do asap is find more classes on accounting/Quickbooks (oh how I dread Quickbooks). I do not feel comfortable with these topics at all so I am on the hunt for some classes.

If you are considering owning your own business I highly recommend checking out your local SBA and SCORE chapters for classes and mentoring - they have many low cost and free classes that are great resources for entrepreneurs.

No comments: