Friday, January 23, 2009

The Veggies have arrived

We got our first box of veggies/fruit on Wednesday. It was just so lovely I had to share. The abundance of food that is available in January is pretty amazing.

Mister and I created and Super Green Dinner with our veggies - sauteed kale, "cooking" spinach, leeks, onions, a few carrots over wheat berries with a cilantro, lime, chili, sourcream (I had to put some fat in) dressing - we prettied it up with sliced radishes and avacado (yumm...more fat). Pics below.

If anyone is interested in the recipe let me know!

2 comments:

The Dirty Business Bath Co. said...

Your leaks look really good. I think they are the most underrated of onion like vegetables.

Alana said...

I would agree...the box actually came with a butternut squash and leak bisque recipe....we havent made it yet but I really want to.