Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Eco Tips

In an effort to get my blogging on track and to share some valuable info with you all I am starting a new weekly Eco Tips series. I will be sharing ideas to "green" your life and your business.

My first Eco Tip: Buy PCW (post-consumer waster) recycled paper.

PCW paper is made from previously used paper like newspaper and office paper. Recycled paper manufacturing uses less energy, water and chemicals than conventional paper. You will not only be saving trees but other valuable resources. It is easy and fairly inexpensive to find PCW recycled paper. This simple switch is a great way to help reduce your environmental impact.

One thing you might have to get used to with the PCW papers is that there are definitely color variations and its harder to find "pure white" paper. I say embrace the variations - it adds some interest and character.

All major office supply place (office depot, staples etc.) offer recycled paper options. You can also find some great products at these online retailers Treecycle (this is where I get PCW paper for my soap labels), Greenline and Echo Paper Store (free standard shipping on all orders).

Come back next week for another eco tip.

No comments: